To The Ladies & Gentleman,
For the new year, I decided to give myself a gift. On the occasion of Christmas, I am delighted to present to you my new website Misstalkaholic
The past few days were tiresome. From so long, I have been planning my website. I first thought about upgrading my blog “TalkaholicMe” from wordpress.com itself. I researched a lot that I had gone almost crazy & deleted my media accidentally from the laptop. I am grateful to the Data Recovery option that technology has provided us. So, after researching like an insane I decide that I will shift to a self-hosted site. Making your own website can cost you dearly if you are not well off. So, I decided to go with WordPress.org. Now, I am going to share with you, why I opted ORG over COM.
- Free to set-up, you really don’t have to care about anything.
- Happiness Engineers are always happy to help via emails.
- Be ready to pay more which is not worth.
- There’s no contact number.
- There will be limitations on your site like you can’t have third-party advertisements.
- You need to have a minimum number of page views per month, which you won’t know before upgrading your blog. I read somewhere on the Internet that the page views required for Ads are nearly 20k, obtaining which is difficult for new bloggers.
- You can’t keep your full earning with you, you will have to share a part of it with WordPress.
- It won’t cost you more.
- You can monetize your site anyhow (this point is worth remembering over the cons).
- Even if you don’t know technical things, you’ll learn it fastly.
- You’ll get the support quickly on support forums if you are asking the right way.
- Few prices are hidden. You’ll have to buy the premium theme if you don’t like the free theme for your website. Also, you’ll have to upgrade them sooner or later.
- Similarly, you will have to pay for the upgrade version of plugins.
- We can migrate our followers, stats, comments but not the likes.
- I lost my featured images/thumbnails while importing my media.
- There’s no comment tab for self-hosted sites on WordPress Application, that means if you wish to send me your words you will have to open my link on your browser. I hope you’ll do it sometimes.
- Importing data from wordpress.com blog can be troublesome if your data exceeds 2 Mb.
Whichever way you go, you are gonna need patience and help. It took me a week to fix my new website. After compromising with few hours of sleep, stressful days, I am happy at last with the decision I took.
I hope you’ll be with me. Don’t forget to subscribe my blog MissTalkaholic!